*
*
So, Lent is right around the corner. Without double checking online, I believe it starts on Ash Wednesday which is February 25th this year. Being the mediocre Catholic that I am, I will be attempting to not eat meat on Fridays, giving up a vice or two, going to confession, etc.
* Two years ago I gave up beer. It was tough. And I ended up throwing up a lot from hard liquor... This, however, would be a cake walk this year since I have been beer-free since September 1st. (Oh how I miss you sweet nectar of life.)
* Last year I gave up swearing. The beginning was hard, but by the end, it really wasn't that bad. It made me notice how much other people swore...
This year:
I am giving up MySpace. Cold turkey. Cancelling my account and all. I don't do all that much with MySpace, but I do check my account. It is also a good way to stalk people, which I love doing. However, it will probably make me a bit more productive at work, and that's a goo thing.
I am also contemplating some way to cut back on my sweets intake. I blame the baby, but after every meal, I just want a little something sweet. Perhaps I should take the advice of the Biggest Loser and get some sugar-free gum or something. I'm not going to make a hard & fast NO SWEETS rule (because that would be cruel & unusual punishment to myself), but I am cutting back.
Lee:
Not sure what Lee is going to give up this year. I know that it will NOT be beer. He failed miserably at that last year. Way too many episodes of passing out before 10pm. I think it should be Craigslist. He is a total Craigslist addict! And he never actually buys anything. He just spends hours looking at the site.
What are you other Catholics out there doing for Lent this year?
3 comments:
Hmm, I hadn't thought about this much...I might give up getting a chocolate chip cookie nearly everyday after lunch....
Protestants give things up for Lent too. I haven't really thought much about what I'm going to give up. I'll let you know when I figure it out. I'll be taking suggestions as well.
Catholics are funny.
Post a Comment