Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Bachelorette - We're down to THREE!

SPOILER ALERT... FUBAR...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Last night was the hometown dates. The 4 dudes left were Jason (Seattle), Jeremy (Dallas), Jesse (Colorado) & Graham (North Carolina).

Jesse's family was really cool. And Jesse took her snowboarding. Wow, he's a good snowboarder! He opened up to his dad and told him how DeAnna makes his hands sweat. The big mistake Jesse is making right now it not kissing DeAnna. He's got a one-way ticket to the FRIEND ZONE.

Jason's family was insanely sweet and welcoming. DeAnna met Jason's son, who is super cute. The family even made a Greek meal for DeAnna. The one weird part was where they all played leap frog in the back yard. Ummm. Yeah...

Jeremy's brothers were really overprotective and tried to be harda$$es, which was kind of lame. Jeremy had a pretty amazing condo though. Like DeAnna says, everything about him is so perfect. She likes that. I think he is a 2-dimensional cardboard cutout. I wonder if she has checked for this...

Graham started off the visit really well. He was super open and fun. His parents were really nice, but I think Graham's mom shot him in the foot when she talked about how she didn't think Graham was ready for a long-term relationship. Then, at the end of the date, it was SUPER awkward. Graham wouldn't talk and kept being all blah and dickish. Then he ended it up with a HUG. We all know how frustrating that can be.

So, in a VERY dramatic end to the episode, DeAnna sent Graham home. I never really saw the attraction here. Yeah, he's attractive to look at, but he's always pouty and just doesn't talk half the time. DeAnna was almost falling into that trap that so many girls do where they end up dating jerks. You could even see it when she was talking. "I really think he has feelings for me..." "I think he could be different with me..." Blah blah. Yeah right. Girls always think they can change a guy. They can't. He's always going to be emotionally unavailable and kind of a prick.

In the long run, DeAnna actually did make the right decision in sending Graham home. Adios poopy pants Graham!! I just hope she can get past him to focus on the guys she has left!!

Next week: The romantic overnight dates.

{sidenote} I think you could make this season of the bachelorette into a drinking game. Any time DeAnna says "My heart is breaking right now," take a drink. You'll be hammered!

2 comments:

The Goldmans said...

I LOVE reading your bachelorette comments, and I totally agree Graham needed to go home...great eye candy but thats about it :)
I bet soon he will be all over the covers of US Weekly with numerous chicks :)

Fubar said...

Boy, did Graham F it up in that last episode. I usually find the home date episodes pretty boring, but the rose ceremony at the end was pretty awesome! I'd like to know what Graham's note to DeAnna said.