From Clint's blog, I found this website: Stuff White People Like
I have been slowly browsing through the website when I have down time in my day. Some of them are pretty hilarious. I highly recommend checking it out.
On that website, I found a "guest column" that did The Top 10 Rap Songs White People Love. This list is right on the money:
10. Positive K - I Got A Man What's your man gotta do with me?
9. Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance This song makes me think of Reuter. And he's pretty white.
8. Biz Markie - Just A Friend This song reminds me of the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode when Dennis & Dee go on welfare. They're out on their porch singing this song and drinking 40's. It's classic.
7. Young MC - Bust A Move
6. Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock - It Takes Two Ah, the piano bar at the Neon Cactus.
5. Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
4. Tag Team - Whoomp (There It Is) As embarrassing as this is to admit, back in junior high basketball, we all had t-shirts that said "Hoop there it is" on the back. Yeah, we're cool.
3. Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
2. House of Pain - Jump Around
1. Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back This was actually voted our class song when I graduated from high school... We only had about 3 black people in my graduating class.
1 comment:
As a long-time rap guy, I liked most of these when they came out. Others, however, I disliked immediately and still do:
Hip Hop Hooray
Whoomp (There It Is)
Ice Ice Baby
It Takes Two is older than my fandom, so I never got into it.
The rest, though, I always liked.
Post a Comment