Yesterday I was on my way to the dentist. I went by a church in downtown DeMotte. They have a sign outside that always has spiritual messages, congratulations to newly married members of their congregation or new births in their congregation. Today the sign said:
Congratulations ____ & _____ on the birth of their daughter Taryn Alexandria born 6/3/2009.
What the heck? When Lee and I decided on Taryn's name, we wanted a name that wasn't all that common, but wasn't too "out there". In my life, I had only met one Taryn (before my daughter) and Lee had met none. We didn't want Taryn to share her name with 2 people in her class or anything. Well, now it turns out if we were to stay living in DeMotte, she surely would be sharing her name with a girl in her class! And seriously, DeMotte is a town of 5,000 people. What are the chances?? (One. Sorry, math nerd joke.)
I just hope Taryn doesn't pick up in popularity all of the sudden. That is what my mom claims happened with my name. When they named me, they didn't know many Laurens, but once I got into school, it seemed like everyone was named Lauren!
Taryn was not happy to hear about the other Taryn in town. * Sidenote: today is Taryn is 3 weeks old. It is amazing how these 3 weeks have flown by, but at the same time, I can barely remember life before baby!!
3 comments:
My named me Jessica because it was so unique. I had at least 5 friends growing up named Jessica. We named Addie thinking it would be relatively unique...man did we miscalculate that one.
Uh, my MOM named me...blah blah.
Before the girls were born, Marlene would say they she would never be able to sleep again and that her back would hurt for the rest of her life.
About 4 weeks after they were born, she mentioned that she couldn't even remember what it was like to be pregnant. I pointed out to her that that was the reason women had more than one baby.
Also, ONE! That joke never gets old!
Post a Comment