Michelle inspired me to look back a year ago and remember the day that I found out I had a bun in the oven.
Technically, it was a year ago today. But, we didn't confirm it until 2 days later.
I was switching doctors because I really didn't like the one I was going to in Merrillville. I started going to a new doc up in Valpo (Clint's hood). They did some preliminary drawing of blood, and that afternoon they called me to say that I had some HcG (pregnancy hormone, not to be confused with THC) in my blood, but that it wasn't high enough to be considered a positive test. Um, WHAT? Basically, they said I MIGHT be pregnant.
Who in the heck gets told that by their doctor??? So, I had to wait two days and go back and get the blood taken again. That Friday, I was on pins and needles waiting for their call. Lee had gone up to Merrillville to go shopping at Costco when I got "the call".
I was rushing around the house like a mad woman. I wanted to tell someone so bad, but obviously I had to wait for Lee to get home. I decided I wanted to get an old t-shirt and write "Bun in the Oven" on it for when he got home. I was digging in my t-shirt drawer when I heard the garage door go up. Crap! I went out in the garage, trying to play it cool. Calmly I just said "What's up daddy?" (Sidenote: No, I do not call Lee daddy on a regular basis.)
At first he didn't really respond, but he took about 3 steps, stopped dead in his tracks and turned around with a huge shocked smile and said "REALLY?"
Of course, after about 2 minutes of celebration, I just had to call my mom. She was just slightly excited (NOT) and possibly set the record for most F-bombs dropped on one phone call. She just kept saying "This is un-f-ing-believable. I'm so f-ing excited. This is f-ing amazing."
Anyway, a little over a week later, they did a SUPER early ultrasound and we got our first glimpse of our little bun.

After seeing this picture, we nicknamed the baby Speck. That remained the name until we decided on the name Taryn.
It's hard to believe that little Speck we saw last September is now the 16 lb four month old sleeping in her crib. It is amazing the difference that one year makes!
2 comments:
That is such a nice picture of your Clan:)
I agree with jess - a great picture of you three!
Post a Comment