*
2007: The Colts play the Bears in the Superbowl. As a Colts fan living in Chicago, this matchup was pretty much a dream come true. Most my family and friends from Lafayette are either Colts fans or Bears fans since Lafayette is pretty much smack dab in the middle of Chicago and Indy. I was ALL FOR the Colts though. I was just glad that if they were to lose, it would be to my 2nd favorite NFL team.
2010: ALL SEASON folks around here have been all atwitter about Drew Breeeeees (who dat?) and the possibility of a Saints-Colts matchup in the Superbowl. For it to finally be a reality is SO awesome! Another dream come true for a Boilermaker Colts fan.
My cup overfloweth.
Make no mistake though. I will be cheering for Drew Brees to have an amazing game... But I don't think I can cheer for him to win. My brother-in-law is just the opposite. He wants Brees to have a Superbowl win under his belt, especially since the Colts just got one 3 years ago.
At the end of the day, I'll be happy for the winner and a little sad for the loser. I just hope it doesn't turn into a game with TWO Purdue quarterbacks playing... Let's keep Curtis Painter on the bench!
No comments:
Post a Comment