Friday, April 29, 2011

Closing

We close Tuesday on our new house in Fowler. There are so many things I can't wait for in our new house!!! But, even though our current little house has driven me nutso from time to time, there are some things about it that I'm going to miss.

CAN'T WAIT
Space. Glorious space!! Big rooms and storage. Ahhh, heaven!
An attached 2-car garage. So convenient! Especially in inclement weather!
Screened in back porch. It will be great to have some pseudo-outdoor space too!
TWO bathrooms. I don't mind sharing a bathroom, but when one person is in the shower, it's nice for the other to have a 2nd bathroom to use.
Did I mention space? An extra 600 sq ft. And our current house has four closets. FOUR. Our new house has at least double that!!
Non-rusty water. Something about where we are in relation to the river causes our water to be really rusty at times. The Brita makes it fine to drink, but it is SO annoying to keep the shower and sinks clean!!

YOU'RE GONNA MISS THIS
Our big fenced in yard.
Having the Coop for all of Lee's "man junk".
Our location. I love our spot. We are minutes from Purdue campus, yet it seems like it is further out.
Of course, all our memories of Taryn here. This is where she learned to walk. This is where her 1st and 2nd birthdays will have been. This is where she conquered her fear of grass and where she yells "HOME" when we pull in the driveway. The way she calls the coop "Daddy's poot". There have been good times here.

No comments: