Thursday, June 30, 2011

'Nastics

Probably the best decision I made this summer was to sign Taryn up for a gymnastics class. Lee was skeptical, but then again, he always is when there is money being spent. The classes are on Thursdays at 9:15am and they last only a 1/2 hour. At first I was like "Seriously, only 30 minute classes?" But after the first class, I realized it was just right! Think of the attention span of a gaggle of 2-year-olds... Phew!
Taryn LOVES gymnastics now! She calls it "Nastics". This week she started asking on Tuesday if she could go to gymnastics!


This week my mom and grandma came to watch. Taryn called my mom off the "bench" to participate in the class with her, so I got to snap some pics from the sidelines.

In class the kids walk on the beam, they hang on the bar, they jump on a springboard and climb and bounce on everything they can get their hands on! I think Taryn is already gravitating towards the bars, just like her mommy! Although, I think she is already better than I was at beam. Must be those tiny feet!

Despite all the fun and excitement, Taryn's favorite part of class is the end! They get a stamp on each hand and a coloring page. Score!!! One week, she requested to nap with her coloring page. It's pretty special.

You better believe that we'll be signing up for the 3-year-old class next summer. The best part... Once she is 3, it is no longer a mommy & me class so I can just be a spectator! (Although I have been dying for an excuse to get on that tumble track in the gym!)

No comments: