Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm boring!

So, I haven't been blogging that much lately. You probably didn't even notice, but that's ok. I'm not quite to Blog-a-Mania levels yet. (March 24th Bryan???? Really???) My main reasons for lack of blogging have been: mowing, total dullness last weekend, my tv shows all ending. So, here's some random thoughts:

* CONGRATULATIONS TO JAMIE! She got a job offer from our hometown newspaper, the Journal & Courier, as a photo-journalist! While Jamie isn't quite as thrilled as I am about living in Indiana, I am hoping that she learns to love it! It will be SO good to have hear nearby after her stints in Tennessee, Korea, and Ohio. (Oh, and my year in Virginia.)

* I was reading about Vice Prez possibilities for Obama. I was fully expecting to not recognize a single name (I'm not CFunk). I was surprised to see Evan Bayh on the list. That would be a major mid-western ticket right there! Obama from Chicago and Bayh from Indiana... Sweet.

* This weekend, Lee and I decided to meet halfway between DeMotte & Norfolk. This ends up being on the very western edge of West Virginia. We are staying in a cabin and going whitewater rafting. It should be a fun time (minus the driving). Lee will also be home for 5 whole days next week. I'm letting the grass grow just for him...

* Next week will be a busy week. I am attending a case race on Monday (Team PBGC, Deloitte's pension drinking team, is defending their title. Oh, and PBGC stands for Pension Beer Guzzling Crew!). Then, Wednesday I fly to Pittsburgh for a BIG client meeting. Thursday, I fly back into O'Hare 30 minutes before Lee is set to arrive!

* I finally got a new camera! (Ahow, I almost wrote phone. I still get confused!) It would cost $107 + shipping to fix my old one, so I just went ahead and got a new one at COSTCO. It is weird how 5 years ago I bought a camera that had like 4 mega-pixels and I paid $350 for it and now I can get a 8 mega-pixel camera for $160.

* Farmer Wants a Wife is on tonight. I missed the 2nd half of last week's episode because of a stupid baseball game or something. I'm going to see if I can watch it online before tonight's new episode. Reuter watched FWAW and was not a big fan. He thought that Matt was an idiot. I don't think that Matt is an idiot... He has a college degree, so he isn't uneducated. Plus, it said that they farm 2,000 acres. I am guessing that they don't own all the land that they farm, but probably a good chunk of it. I'm not sure how much farm land goes for out in Missourri, but here in Indiana it goes for about $5k/acre which would make 2,000 acres... Get the calculator... $10 million. Plus, he's got killer abs and he looks good riding on a tractor with no shirt on! My favorite on the show is Amanda from Chicago!! I think she looks a little like Summer from the OC. She is fun and not one of the weird religious virgins.

* Apparently some people don't agree, but I am with Stacia, the Bachelorette is addictive! And I totally agree with her assessment of creepy Ron & Jeremy. The best was at the end when Ron kept going "DeAnna didn't reject me. She just chose other guys. She didn't reject me. I haven't been rejected." Yeah, keep telling yourself that weirdo! My favorites are Jason, the single dad, Brian, the football coach from TX, Graham and Jesse. Although, I'm not attracted to Jesse, I think he is a good, funny guy. I'm just not into long hair. Is it just me or does Robert the chef remind anyone else of Brian Jones?

Ok, that is enough rambling. I better get back to checking data.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I started taping Can you duet just to keep you informed!

c_reuter said...

"Letting the grass grow for 5 days". Is that what they call a double entendre?

Fubar said...

Brooke is awesome on FWAW!

And I agree Jason is probably the coolest guy on the bachelorette. I heart DeAnna.