Friday, September 19, 2008

HGTV in my bedroom!

So, I am totally obsessed with most shows on HGTV. I especially like the house flipping shows. It is amazing what they can do with some super ugly houses!

Lee has started remodeling out master bathroom and I feel like there is a HGTV show going on in our bedroom. I am taking a lot of pictures along the way.

This first picture is with only the mirror removed. I actually took the mirror down a couple months ago... And I may have broken part of it. Whoops. I got a pretty severe lecture about it from Lee though. Notice the lovely yellow tile on the walls, the awesome 70's shell sink, and the nice new tile that the previous owners put in on the floor. The new tile is nice, but it doesn't match the bathroom at all. And it is obvious that they just had some leftover tile after doing our other two baths and threw it in there.

The next pictures is after the sink & vanity had been taken out. Lee couldn't get the water to turn off, so he had to make his own clamp-off. Look at that hideous flooring that used to be in the bathroom. Eek!

The 3rd picture is Lee starting to take the tile off of our walls. The bathroom has a tiny stall shower, and the part behind the shower is boxed in and tiled. We always wondered what was in that box. Was it pipes? Or wasted space? Or buried treasure?

Turns out it was wasted space... That is good news for us fitting in a bigger shower. But, seriously, what were they thinking? Why didn't they put in a closet or something there??

Anyway, I am very pumped to be making progress on the bathroom. Although it just looks like we're trashing it at this point. Oh, and an extra bonus, our trashman picked up all the junk we put out at the curb including our sink & vanity! Lee wants to leave him a 6-pack of beer next time as a thank-you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should totally leave a 6-pack for him!

Cletus Van Dam said...

You said "master".

Jessica said...

the idea of dealing with any kind of remodeling makes me start to sweat. I am such a princess and can't stand chaos.