Friday, August 7, 2009

Shot to the heart... And you're to blame...

Taryn got her 2 month shots yesterday. This was her second run-in with vaccinations. However, I wasn't around for the first time since it was in the nursery at the hospital right after she was born. (And at the time, I was dealing with my own trauma!)

I had been dreading this since I figured it would be heartbreaking to watch. Fortunately, Lee stepped up and held her during the shots. She had to get 3 of them. The first one went in and she didn't even whimper (I may have whimpered for her). The second one, she let out a little cry. The third one, she cried. But, as soon as Lee picked her up, she was fine.
Daddy makes everything ok! Now she has 3 bandaids on her chubby little thighs. She was a trooper though! And now we get two more months until the next round!

2 comments:

ahow628 said...

Marlene and I call it "goldfish memory." Little babies only really remember things for about 3 seconds and then it is over.

For our girls, we did all three shots at one time with three nurses.

Also, I think the line is "Shot through the heart and you're too late"... ;)

Jessica said...

You are TOTALLY to blame...it SO much more traumatic for us than it is for them.