
Taryn doesn't have a doctor's appointment, so this months measurements were done at home. aka, NOT SCIENTIFIC measurements.
Weight: approx 15.5 lbs (this is Lee & I weighing ourselves and then ourselves with Taryn)
Length: approx 25 inches
Clearly this girl is growing fast. As you can see above, she is outgrowing her little bathtub hammock, but isn't quite old enough to move up to the side of the tub without head support.
Taryn is holding her head up a lot more and doesn't hate tummy time as much now. She is starting to try to roll over from her back to her stomach (even though the doc said she would do stomach to back first). It breaks my heart when she gets stuck on her side and starts to whimper. Taryn is starting to pick things up and hold onto things. She is also starting to laugh now which is pretty funny. It is giving Lee a big head though. He thinks he is hilarious. Taryn has discovered that she has control over her right hand. (Only her right hand.) She looks at it and brings it toward her mouth. It requires SO much concentration. She sometimes misses her mouth and hits herself in the cheek or nose. Taryn went on Lee's parents' pontoon for the first time on Sunday. She loved being outside with the wind in her hair. She didn't like the blinding sun or the heat though. She also didn't like dipping her feet in the chilly lake water. It did give her a chance to show off her bod in her swimsuit.
She is wearing size 2 Luvs diapers. About half of her 3 month clothing still fits. I just washed up her 6 month stuff. (Looking ahead, I'm a little nervous. 6 months is where most of her wardrobe ends.) Her hair is long enough that we can put a bow in it, which is hilarious. Her arms are getting longer and her stomach has stretched out a bit too. However, I think her thighs are chubbier than ever! She is starting to look a bit more like mommy's baby pictures, but her eyes are still 100% daddy. I am still anxious to see if her eyes stay blue. I always thought they would be green since Lee and I both have green eyes. But, so far her eyes are still blue!
Her personality is starting to show a lot more and it seems to be silly and dramatic depending on her mood. She grows and changes so fast and I can hardly wait to see what the next month will bring!

No comments:
Post a Comment