Our hotel had a pool and my mom was able to coax Taryn into the pool. The new parents...
I just love talking to new parents! I remember going through so many of the emotions. There are such great highs and such awful lows in those first months. It can seem so overwhelming. As I was going through all of it, I felt so often like I was failing at this or that or that I was weak. I was fortunate to have family and friends going through the whole baby thing just a few months ahead of me, and when I got the chance to talk to them, it was such a relief to hear I wasn't the only one going through the emotional rollercoaster. It feels good to share some of that with Joey and Jackie. They have it a little rough down there without any family in the state. We tried to give the new parents a little date night. They were a little nervous to go, so dinner and a movie turned into KFC and a trip to Babies R Us. But, hey, at least they got out for a moment to themselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment