Friday, July 15, 2011

Sweets for my Sweet

This summer with Lee away at "cop camp" (aka the Police Academy), Taryn and I have a LOT of one-on-one time. Some days it is fun, and some days it is a struggle. One day Taryn woke up a total wet blanket. Do you want to go for a bike ride? NO. Do you want to go for a walk? NO. Do you want to play in your baby pool? NO. And so on. I was just about out of ideas when I asked her "Do you want to make cookies?" ...And we have a winner!

She's got her apron on and her ingredients ready. Funfetti cookies... Mich would be proud!
We took turns stirring.

Ready for the cookies to "get hot" in the oven.

"Why do we need to cook them mommy? They taste yummy right now!"

After an excrutiating 10 minutes for Taryn, she got to get the cookies off the sheet.

The proud little baker!


Enjoying the fruits of her labor!

1 comment:

Mich said...

You are right. I am proud...and jonesing for a cookie!