For the past 7 years or so, the Klemme's have gone to a Cubs game each summer as a family. As the family grew, it got a lot harder and more expensive to manage. Last year we actually rented two 15-person vans to get there. As we drove the 3-hr drive home, all exhausted and bordering on heat stroke, we discussed that it may be time to find a new alternative.
That alternative, we decided, was an Indianapolis Indians game! So, this year we made the much shorter trek down to Indy for a game. The tickets were a LOT cheaper. So was the parking. And there was room to sprawl out. We even managed to sit in the shade!
Taryn opted for to cool down with a battery operated fan.
I don't even know what this mascot's name is. I want to say Rowdy? But perhaps I just made that up.
I opted to cool down by putting wet paper towels on my head. Even in the shade, this has been a brutal summer.
This picture really sums it up... This was about 10 minutes after the end of the game. And it looks like we're the last ones in the stadium! Much quicker than a Cubs game!!
Though the "BIG BOYS", Lee, Neil & Matt surely noticed the difference between MLB and the minors, the rest of us really didn't care too much! The kids had fun and were worn out enough that Taryn fell asleep with her water bottle in her hand. (I've seen Lee do this with a beer!)
Go Indians!
No comments:
Post a Comment