Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas... Only like a month ago!

 So, I had been trouble uploading pics to my blog, so it took me quite awhile to get around to posting about Christmas.  It certainly didn't help that my maternity leave ended...  Adios any spare time... 

On Christmas eve, we celebrated at Lee's parents' house.  Above is a picture of the TEN grandkids.  Barring any surprises, I think the family is done making babies.  It is kind of strange to think about since we've had a baby or two almost every year for the last 8 years!  All the kids got scooters for Christmas and took them down the basement to ride.  Taryn broke some ground speed records...  Not really.  She may be the slowest scooter rider ever! 
 On Christmas Day, we started off at our house.  Taryn woke up to find that Santa had filled their stockings and left each of the kids a gift.  She is fully into "Santa" mode these days and has about a million questions about him.  Sadly, I realized one day when she had been questioning me on multiple topics that I knew far more about Santa than the movement of the earth, moon, sun & planets...  Hmm. 
 Santa's gift to Taryn was a "walking baby".  She was thrilled.  The doll asks you to hold its hands and then let go and it walks by itself.  One time the baby asked Taryn to hold its hands and Taryn replied "Sorry, I have to go to work."  Another time she got annoyed with the doll and said "No, you can do it yourself, you don't need my help."  I pointed out that Lee and I say that to her sometimes and that really made her think. 
 Another of Taryn's favorite gifts was a guitar.  It really doesn't stay in tune, but come on...  It's not like she can really play it! 
 Cole slept through Taryn opening all of her gifts.  We got him up to open his gifts.  He got a racecar and an activity cube.  (Taryn had told us that Cole asked Santa for a racecar.) 
 After opening gifts at our house, we went in to my grandma's.  We started off with a small crew, but later had my other uncle and his 3 kids, their spouses and a few more grandkids show up.  Taryn and Cole got spoiled properly by their "Gamma", of course.  Good food and family fun! 
Four generations of ladies.  It is funny, we used to have pics like this where it was me, my mom, my grandma and my great-grandma.  We missed pulling off the 5 generation picture by just a few years. 

No comments: