A few days ago, Mr. Cole turned 3 months old. I feel like he grew and changed a bunch the week he turned three months old.
Cole is an amazingly good, laid back, mellow baby, apparently following in the footsteps of his old man. He started daycare 2 weeks ago and the daycare lady has been throwing around terms like "best baby" and "easiest baby I have taken care of in 20 years". Cole hardly cries and really just fusses a little when he is hungry, tired or has a dirty diaper. He loves to smile and coo and make gurgling noises, especially to Mommy. He looks deep into your eyes and is a little charmer. He loves to watch his big sis and will crane his neck around to see what she is doing.
I don't have any measurements for the month since we didn't go to the doctor. Cole is still long and lean, though. He is almost out of 3-6 month clothes, especially the one piece rompers. He must have huge feet because I have had to get socks for 6-18 month old boys. He has almost no baby rolls. He loves to try to sit up and stand. When he is laying on his back, if you grab his hands, he immediately is stretching his neck forward, trying to sit up. I have a feeling he is going to meet a lot of physical milestones early for this reason.
Cole still loves his baths. Incredibly. As soon as you place him in the water, he's smiling and splashing and kicking. He will get this serious look on his face and then do a serious splashing session. You can tell he thinks he is really swimming.
Cole still has his baby blues. Not sure if they will stay or turn green like the rest of the family. He has fluffy, light brown hair that is filling in quickly.
One of Cole's gifts is the gift of sleep. He loves his naps and is really turning into a great night sleeper as well. Quite often now, he will go to bed between 8 and 9pm and not wake up until after 5am. This is better than his sister was sleeping at 6 months of age! One day last week he slept from 8pm until 7am. It is amazing. He has also been known to take a 4 or 5 hour nap at daycare if he is feeling drowsy.
Happy 3 months sweet Mr. Cole, we love you so much! I can feel it when I look at you and you smile. I see it in Daddy's eyes when he plays with you and in Taryn's actions when she fawns over you. You are as calm and quiet as your sister is loud and dramatic. We feel so lucky to have you complete our little family. You are SO incredibly loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment