Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lent 2008 - UPDATE

It looks like I will be giving up swearing for 40 days. I have a feeling the first week is going to be the worst. At least the football season is over so I don't have to rant about Brady anymore.

I have made the following rules for myself:
  • It only counts as swearing if I say it out loud.
  • If I say it out loud and no one is around to hear me, it still counts. There is no cheating in Lent.
  • I am going to keep a tally of how many times I swear and then give that much at church the next week. (This will be more efficient than putting aside $1 each time. I don't carry around that many singles!)
  • Saying "mother f-er" or "son of a bee sting" are perfectly acceptable alternatives to swearing.
  • Swear words that will be penalized include: F*CK, SH*T, D*MN, H*LL (unless used in a religious reference), and any combination of the above. I'm sure there are some others that are less used that will be included.
  • I'll update the count at the top of this page to update you on how I am doing.

Our church will probably be able to get that new A/C unit they've had their eye on after this...

1 comment:

ahow628 said...

How would you rule on the phrase, "God is the f*cking sh*t, man!" I mean it is in a religious context. Plus it is totally true. That guy is awesome...