Monday, March 2, 2009

Need a new credit card

I'm looking for recommendations on a good credit card. I used to be using a United one where I got frequent flyer miles for every dollar I spent, but now that Lee & I live in Indiana, we don't fly all that much. I would rather just have a card with no annual fee, a low interest rate... Any other perks are just a bonus. I really don't use my credit card that much. Pretty much just for work expenses that will be reimbursed or for big purchases when I want control over when the amount comes out of my checking account. So, if you have a credit card that you like, leave me a comment and let me know!

Gracias!

3 comments:

ahow628 said...

We just got the Costco Amex. The rewards are pretty sweet. 3% on gas, 2% on restaurants, 1% on Costco purchases (plus 2% if you buy the $100 membership), 1% on everything else. I think APR is 13% or so and there is no annual fee.

Our other card is a Chase Freedom Visa. We only have that because we have a ridiculous limit on it. Chase apparently can't loan us enough money. The APR on that one is 9.25% and no annual fee there either.

I also have a Discover, but I don't use it and it is 19% interest. Not very many places take Discover.

The Goldmans said...

We have a Chase Freedom Rewards card and you can spend your rewards on pretty much anything you can imagine, even power tools, plus flights too, if you ever need them ,so I would recommend one of those :)
And there is no annual fee

Cletus Van Dam said...

This is a good website to hunt for the type of card you want. I have used it before:

http://www.creditcards.com/