Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TBL - Final Fo'

In the words of Jess: "HOW IN THE NAME OF SWEET JESUS DID RON MAKE IT TO THE FREAKING END??? Dear lord."

Definitely sums things up.

I thought this episode was a bit boring, really. It was a lot of the "celebrate how far we've come" kind of crap. Yeah, you used to be huge. That's why you're on the Biggest Loser. And you've lost a lot of weight. That's why you're STILL on the Biggest Loser.

Ok, crankiness aside:

* Bob saw right through Ron's BS about last week's vote. He knows Mike hardly ever comes up with his own ideas. Obviously Ron influenced him to take out Kristin.

* They watched a movie recap of their first week on the ranch. Then went through the workout they had done only faster, with more weight, MORE EXTREME. Ali also told them this was their last week on the ranch. They all seemed shocked. Yes, you go home. You haven't moved to the ranch.

* Tara & Helen decide to try on their "goal" outfits. Tara's is a little black dress. You can tell she bought this quite a few years ago. Helen's outfit looks like she is ready to hop on the back of a Harley. She did look pretty decent in it though. They go show the guys and Mike goes and puts on his "super slick" leather jacket. Isn't he in college now? Not 10 years ago?

* The contestants go to Dr. Creepy's office. All of them have gotten healthier. Duh.

* For the challenge, they had to run up 16 sand hills carrying the weight they had lost and dropping some of it on each hill. Tara followed her normal "formula". "Oh I can't do this... Hey I'm in a groove... I catch Filipe... I win. Oh my!" Tara gets her choice between 1lb and $10k. Whoever comes in 2nd gets whatever she doesn't take.

* For their last chance workout, they started out by "training the trainer". The only interesting part here was that I thought Jillian's boobs were going to flop out of her shirt.

* At the weigh-in, Tara takes the 1lb so Mike gets the $10k. I guess Tara doesn't need 2 more months of rent. ($10k = 2 months rent? NY sucks!)

* Everyone pulls amazing numbers at the weigh-in. You know, every week they say they give it their all, blah blah blah. But, when it is an important week like this, suddenly they all step it up about 5 notches. So, what are they doing the other weeks when they claim to be going all out?

* Ron & Filipe fall below the yellow line even with their HUGE weight loss.

* The power falls to Helen & Tara to decide between the two. In the end, they send Filipe packing. He complains about them voting him out because he is a bigger threat. Yeah yeah, that seems to be the trend. If you think it's bad here, you should flip the channel and check out Survivor this season! Wow!

Reuter has done some TBL math over on his blog. Basically, the writing on the HP-12C says that Mike has this thing in the bag.

Lee thought last night that Ron should have tried to go home. That way he could try to win the at-home prize and leave Mike to win the real prize. But, it looks like he knows he can't win the at-home prize so he is just trying to give Mike less competition in the final showdown. And I still can't believe that he is in the final four. Mind boggling!

Next week, we see how they handle the Final Four!

4 comments:

Fubar said...

Great Summary! I'm surprised you didn't rip on Tara as much as you usually do. I can't wait to see the next weigh-in!

Mich said...

I am with you on Ron - how in the world is he in the final 4? nutso.

Cletus Van Dam said...

Next week we get to toss one of the four. I dislike Ron, so I'd like to hurt him the most. On one hand, he wants to be on the finale with Mike. On the other hand, he wants moe than anything for Mike to win, so voting off Mike would be a wonderful way to spite him. I don't particluarly have anything against Mike besides his arrogance, though.

Jessica said...

As always, thanks for the recap. I missed the 1st 75 minutes and really only caught the weigh in. I hate Filipe, but still can't believe Ron is still there. Puke.