Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend in Review

*
We finally got a weekend where we didn't have BOTH days packed full of stuff.

Friday, we hung around the house and watched the movie Children of Men.

Saturday, we went up to Merrillville to return some stuff and do a little shopping. Then we grabbed dinner at Culver's (mmmmm) and went to the 49-er Drive-in movie theatre. They show 2 movies, so we saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Knowing. Knowing was pretty good, but I am kind of a Nicholas Cage fan, so I may be biased. Mall Cop was what we expected. Good for a couple of giggles, but I would not have gone to it alone.

Side story: So, we were parked at the drive-in. This guy, his wife & 4-yr old daughter parked next to us. If you've seen drive-in's or been to one, you know there is a pole between you and the other car that holds speakers. You take the speaker and hang it in the window of your car. So, we had our speaker in our window and the family next to us had theirs in their window.

Our speaker was kind of static-y and Lee kept complaining, so we turned the speaker down and turned on the radio to listen to the movie that way. I almost just left the speaker in the window, but I decided I may have to pee halfway through the movie and didn't want to have to deal with the speaker then. So, I hung it up on the pole.

After the Mall Cop movie, the car next to us left... WITHOUT HANGING UP THEIR SPEAKER. I'm not sure how their window didn't break, but they ended up pulling the entire pole (cement and all) out of the ground. Then the speaker wire broke and scraped down their car. The guy got out and put the speaker up and then they bolted.

Being the good samaritan that I am, I took down their license plate number. Yeah, that's right, I don't like hit & runs. Plus, I didn't want someone to see the jacked up pole and think WE did it! I'm just so happy that I took the speaker out of our window. Otherwise, we could have ended up with a busted up window/car too!

On Sunday, we went down to Lafayette (as usual) for our niece Cora's baptism. Pretty standard stuff, she cried through most of it... Then we had lunch afterwards at Lee's sister's house. After a quick stop at Wal-Mart for groceries we headed home. Just in time to get stuck in traffic 9 miles from our exit. DOH! And we sat their for 50 minutes. Double DOH!

So, that wraps up our weekend. Pretty exciting stuff!

3 comments:

ahow628 said...

Children of Men: Good movie!

Speaker story: Awesome! What a bunch of douchebags.

The Goldmans said...

That is freaking hilarious...were you guys just dying laughing?!

Mich said...

Did you give the plate number to anyone?