Tuesday, May 12, 2009

39 Weeks - Dear Lord

*
Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. On a positive note, the doctor told me that if I do not go into labor on my own, I will probably be induced next Wednesday the 20th. So, I only have 8 more days to go.

But, when you are ginormous and extremely uncomfortable, you never want to look at the positive notes... Here are some not-so-wonderful stats from this pregnancy:

~ I got pregnant 259 days ago.
~ That means I have been pregnant close to 71% of the year.
~ If I normally drink 10 beers a week, that means that I have missed out on close to 400 beers!
~ The great drinking days I've missed: Labor Day (I actually had a couple beers, but I had a suspicion I was prego, so I only had about 2 over a 10 hour day at the lake), Thanksgiving & the night before, December 23rd, Christmas, New Years (although, I did manage to toss my cookies sober), my 28th b-day, St. Patty's Day (ouch) and Cinco de Mayo.
~ I have gained 28% of my body weight during pregnancy. (Yes, I gained quite a bit more than I had hoped.)
~ My stomach's circumference has increased by around 50%. Scary.

For some reason, when I imagine the baby in my stomach, I picture her having my stomach set up like a really pimped out college dorm room. She probably has a flat screen tv and a stocked mini-fridge. She steals our WiFi and is already on MySpace or Twitter or whatever the kids use these days. HEY, SHE BETTER NOT BE READING MY BLOG RIGHT NOW!

Like the doctor said yesterday, hopefully she isn't this hard to evict when she is 18!

(I told the doctor if she takes after her dad, she will be this hard to evict at 18! Haha!)

No comments: