Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fast Friends

Tonight Monica and Eddie Dragut came over to watch the Bears/Packers game. To borrow a quote from Clint (only he was talking about the Brewers), I'm as big a Bears fan as the next guy who isn't a Bears fan. So I wasn't too devastated by the outcome. I had my devastating weekend last weekend.
However, I did love the Bears Tollhouse cookie that they brought and left... Mmmm.
Anyway, Taryn and their son Nicholas were both quite shy at the beginning of the night. By the end, they were literally running around our house yelling! Monica was hoping Taryn would be a positive influence and get Nicholas to eat his dinner... However, it was the other way around and the two ended up having a couple crackers, cookies and yogurt for dinner.
In the picture here, Taryn had set up her chairs like a train and then ORDERED Nicholas to sit down with her.
It was eye-opening to see what it is like to have a little boy in the house. They are a bit more wild than little girls, that's for sure. AND... Monica & Eddie have a bun in the oven! And it will be arriving soon! She is due at the end of March. Clearly we hadn't hung out in awhile...
Hopefully we can schedule some more play dates in the not-to-distant future.

No comments: