Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Christmas + My family

*
Just realized that I never posted anything about our Christmas celebrations! I guess I just skipped over and went right to New Years!
Her pajamas say "I've been good ask grandma". That's for sure... How could you not want to shower that face with presents though?
Taryn unwrapped her gifts so delicately. She would tear off a tiny piece of paper and then hand it to me before tearing off another. Lee was getting a little impatient with the process and had to "help her".
No wonder Lee was anxious for her gift to be unwrapped!! Batter up!
It was a VERY white Christmas!!! A little too white for my tastes. I prefer when we don't have to worry about half our family members driving over to celebrate.
My mom said (and was serious) "I feel bad, Taryn's pile of gifts isn't very big." Um, yeah... It's just 10 times her entire size. This is what happens when you're the only grandchild!
Four generations + Lee on Christmas Day!
Our little family on our second Christmas together.

Taryn and my cousins Maya and Macy. All the little Boiler Babes got purdue shirts.
Taryn on her Barbie Big Wheel Tricycle. She likes it, but can't quite reach the pedals yet... It'll be great come spring!
After the festivities, my dad came to visit from New Jersey. He was delayed a day by their blizzard (Jersey City, where he lives, got 2 FEET!), but fortunately he was driving out here and not flying. Taryn really took to "Papa" quickly. She has a new thing where she identifies objects with people. Like she will point to my shoes and say "Mommy". Or point to Lee's jacket and say "Daddy". Some things are pretty funny. For example, the remote control is "Daddy", while the laptop is "Mommy". Anyway, since my dad has left, she has been pointing to everything that he used while here and saying "Papa". It is adorable.
Anyway, the Christmas break went WAY too fast, but it was great seeing all the family that we were able to see. It really makes all the work that goes along with the holidays worthwhile. Now, I just hope that my spring break is a little more calm and productive than winter break was... Only 10 more weeks!!

1 comment:

Mich said...

Samantha was totally dainty with ripping of the paper too - and handing each piece to one of us. How funny how they have such similar mannerisms.