Monday, January 17, 2011

Young Love

Lee and I were naive. We thought we had a good... I don't know... 13 years before we had to worry about young suitors courting our little girl. Our eyes have been opened. With one simple name... "Conrad".

A few days ago, I picked Taryn up at daycare. As we were leaving, a little boy came to the door repeatedly saying "bye" to her. As we left, we looked at the pictures of all the kids outside her classroom and she said all of their names. I learned that Conrad was the little boy saying goodbye to her as we left.

Since then, out of nowhere she'll just say "Conrad" and smile and beam and giggle like a teenager in love. If she had a Trapper Keeper she would totally be doodling his name all over it.

This morning when Lee dropped Taryn off at daycare, the first thing she said quietly was "Conrad". Lee said Conrad was also there to say goodbye to Taryn a dozen times as she left this afternoon. Tonight as we drove home from the Attica basketball game, Taryn was getting ready to fall asleep in the backseat. "-onrad." "What did you say?" "-onrad." "Did you just say Conrad?" "Heeeeheeee."

OH BOY. Does anyone know of any pre-K all girls schools?

And though it has nothing to do with the rest of this blog, I just had to post this picture of Taryn and Kylan that was on my mom's camera. My mom gave it the title "BABY, this way".

1 comment:

Mich said...

Uh oh! Sounds like young love to me...

T looks so happy to be holding that little nugget of a baby! So cute.