Every Tuesday & Thursday, I pick up the South Shore Train to Chicago at Gary Metro Center in downtown Gary. Gary has had a pretty reputation for being the murder capital of the US for awhile. Those times have changed...
Now I'm pretty sure it is the fur-coat capital of the US.
There are freaking fur coats EVERYWHERE. Short ones, long ones, hooded ones... And the best... The man furs.
I have also learned SO many random facts about fur coats that I didn't need to know.
Like every fall Macy's has a big deal on fur & fur maintenance.
And I didn't even KNOW there was maintenance to do to a fur. Apparently you have to wax it,basically. What? So weird.
The ones with the shorter fur are more expensive because they are more "groomed".
I also had to listen to this moron lady talk about how she is shopping for furs and she found one that was chinchilla. Well, she didn't know what a chinchilla was, so she went online and checked it out. She got grossed out because she thought the chinchilla looked like a rat. So, she was just going to go with mink... Um, does she have any idea what a mink looks like???

chinchilla -----------------------------mink
Personally, I think fur is really gross. I'm not one of those people that is going to dump ketchup on you or anything, but I could really do without seeing & hearing about it every Tues & Thurs!!! But, hey, I guess it is better than being the murder capital of America...
No comments:
Post a Comment