My company had the traditional Superbowl squares for sale, so I bought 5 of them.
Lee and I ended up not getting back from Monticello until the middle of the 2nd quarter, but I checked online, and none of my squares had been the correct 1st quarter score.
Then I realize... Hey, the 2nd quarter is ending and the score is:
Steelers 10
Cardinals 7
And I have the squre for that! Awesome. NOBODY SCORE.
Next thing I know, the Cardinals are on the 5 yard line. This sucks because I am cheering for the Cardinals, so I totally want them to score... But, I would also like the $40. Decisions decisions. So, I am half cheering for them to get a touchdown or field goal, but half being selfish and wishing for them to get stopped.
Well, I guess the greedy side wished a little harder and they turned the ball over. For about 10 seconds I was like "Cool, $40 here I come!" Then I realized that freaking Harrison was still running. OH CRAP! TOUCHDOWN STEELERS.
I lose the $40 and the Cardinals are down even more. Not cool!
At halftime, Lee got hooked on the show Wipeout (he seriously just sits and laughs and laughs at it), so we didn't watch much of the 3rd quarter. We finally flipped it back to watch the excitement of the 4th quarter, thankfully.
SO, Monday morning, they send out an email of who won each quarter. I begrudgingly open the email. OH MY GOSH, I won the 3rd quarter and didn't even know it! I guess the Superbowl gambling gods felt sorry for me!
But, I'm sure the people I work with do NOT feel sorry for me. I won about $80 in the regular season NFL pool while Chris M that I work with came in 2nd. Now in the Superbowl, I won a quarter and Chris M won the first TWO quarters. They're probably ready to uninvite Chris and I from participating! They are probably pretty sick of sending us money!
5 comments:
TOO Funny!
I too had 0-7 and had the same up and down feeling. I also turned off the Tv to watch Wipeout after hearing Mike laughing downstairs watching it. I found out I won after checking the scores later.
Oh Yeah! $220 for me!!!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO! I won the overall playoff pool $400. Too bad about your Cards, Lauren. Maybe next time their "D" will play a full 60 minutes. Then again they were going against Big Ben and not too many people are succesfull against him.
nice job picking up some $$!
I was in the exact same situation with the same square. What was so funny was that Harrison's touchdown won the 2nd quarter for my dad (and he didn't even know it).
Post a Comment