Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I hate walking slow

Ever since the 3rd trimester started and my stomach got extra large, I just can't walk as fast as I used to. It's a combination of things, really. There is the extra weight to lug around, the fact that the space where my lungs usually reside is now also housing my stomach and the baby's feet, the general waddle that comes from pregnancy, and the glorious hip pain!

I used to be a pretty fast walker for my height and I hated dodging slow moving vehicles on the sidewalk. It really sucks to be one now.

It is so convenient to be able to catch every walk sign on the 9 block walk to the train. But, now I can only catch MAYBE two green lights in a row.

And it is really depressing to see the people that pass me these days. Here is a list from my commute on Tuesday:
* Overweight union workers talking politics
* 6 month pregnant chick (just wait, honey)
* Black dude with "pimp limp"
* Guy with actual real limp

Fortunately, I will probably only be going into the office for 4 more weeks.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You might be slow moving, but from the pics posted by Michelle from your visit to SBR (so jealous!) you look FABULOUS.

Mich said...

I hear ya - Andy doesn't really have a slow-mo button so we had to compromise...he would drop me off closer to the destination (like the train)and then I would walk slow and he could still walk fast and we would meet at the end...I am going to miss the near-curb side service.

ahow628 said...

I was always impressed by your walk speed when we would walk to the El. You'll be back in action soon enough. Then it won't be the walk that slows you as much as the getting the baby ready rigmarole.