Sometimes I believe forced sterilization may be the route to go.
This article is what I am referring to:
According to Tracy Hawkins in her statement to Lauderhill police, she handed the boy over to an acquaintance at the bus depot in the parking lot of the Lauderhill Mall. She told police that she needed a few days of relief from childcare and gave Tyvon to a friend to watch for the weekend.
Several weeks later, she said she ran into the friend and asked about her baby, saying she wanted him back. That's when, Hawkins said, the friend claimed to have handed the baby over to the state.
Ok, so you want a babsitter for the weekend. But then, you don't ask about the kid again until you run into the babysitter a few weeks later???? This glowing quote from her boyfriend really puts it all in perspective though:
"She feel real bad about it," he said. "How a mother feel about their kid."
I don't know, I think a mother is supposed to NOT dump her kid on some random acquaintance at a bus stop. Then she is also supposed to NOT forget about him for a few weeks.
I just really worry where this 1 year-old boy is right now. And hopefully, if he is found, he is NOT returned to his mother.
1 comment:
It's hard being a parent. Sometimes I see neighbors getting on the CTA bus on our corner and I think about handing my baby to them...I mean really, what other choice to I have? Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish, so my neighbors wouldn't understand that I would want her back in month's time.
Post a Comment