Monday, November 12, 2007

SO FRUSTRATED!!!

Chargers - 23
Colts - 21

Ok, so probably everyone heard about or watched the Colt's loss last night. Horrible. The score makes it look better than it actually was. The blame goes across the team, though, in my opinion:

The special teams. Allowing Sproles to return one kickoff and one punt for touchdowns. He did look like a speeding little bullet, but come on. Stop that guy!

Peyton... Peyton... Peyton... I hate it when I see him throw a couple interceptions because it seems to mean there are a couple more right around the corner. He gets discouraged and it is hard for him to get back on track. Last night is painful proof of that. SIX interecptions.

Vinitieri missing two field goals. One of them was only a 29-yard field goal!!

I know that there are a lot of excuses that can be thrown around about injuries and whatnot, but I just want to see them get back on track FAST. They are a better team than this.

"We don't use injuries as an excuse, but we still had a chance to win the game," Manning said. "We have no choice but to refocus. … To lose two in a row is disappointing. Getting a win is the best remedy for a two-game losing streak."

2 comments:

Cletus Van Dam said...

The consolation is that despite all of that they STILL almost won. Their defense was great against a good offense, too.

ahow628 said...

I agree with Cletus. They really struggled on a slippery, nasty field against a really good team. However, Philip Rivers is one of the worst quarterbacks around and Norv Turner IS the worst coach in the league (I'm pretty sure he is wishing Art Shell hadn't gotten fired.

I think all the injuries will be healed up a week or two before the playoffs, like they were last year and we will see another Superbowl...