Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Turkey Day Wrap-up

Here was the run down of our Thanksgiving:

Wednesday - We were hoping to leave around noon. It's a 12 hour drive back to Indiana and we figured we could make it to Harry's for a few beers if we made good time. Then Lee didn't get out of work until 3:30pm. It's going to be a late night of driving... (But, I DID get to explore the Navy liquor store while I was waiting for Lee to get off work. AWESOME. Cheap booze and no taxes. Love it!) We got in to my mom's house at around 3:30am. As I am unpacking the car, the cookies that I spent 12 hours protecting fall face first on the driveway. Ok, it looks like I'm taking crumbs to Thanksgiving dinner.

(This is my mom & her friends and me. For some reason we were all wearing white. Angelic.)

Thursday - Lee heads out to Fowler, IN for his family Thanksgiving, I head to Kokomo, IN with my mom and Grandma for our family Thanksgiving. I made the mistake of filling up on cheeseball and barely ate any turkey & stuffing. Doh! A rumor started around the family that Lee and I were having marital problems since he hadn't come to our family Thanksgiving. When we get back from Kokomo, I head up to Lee's parents in Monticello, IN. Watch some Colts football and pass out (from exhaustion, not booze, unfortunately).









(Lee & his sis & cousin.) (Jamie & me.)

Friday - Wake up. Lee's mom makes breakfast. Then we have leftovers for lunch. Then we go into my Grandma's house and have more leftovers. We head to the Nine Irish Brothers for dinner and drinks. An ex-boyfriend of mine was our waiter. Awkward. How does this always happen to me?? I mean, a guy I made out with was the waiter at our wedding rehearsal dinner. That is just bad luck on my part! Afterwards, we went to Harry's. It was not the standard townie-fest. Quite disappointing. Lee passed out early, so we had to dump him in the car before going to Brothers. It was a pretty good time, but I ended up losing my favorite fleece. (I feel like Fubar!)

(Best pic of the weekend. Lee is passed out and Jamie is getting her ass grabbed. Classic Harry's.)

Saturday - Wake up. Eat some cereal to prevent hangover. Go back to bed. Meet Bryan, Phelan & Neyer to give them Purdue/Loyola tickets. Watch them drink the equivalent of 6 beers apiece before I dropped them off at a bar across from Mackey Arena. This is going to be a train wreck. After the game, we go up to Lee's parents for yet another Thanksgiving meal. We had planned to come back into town, but I was informed by Bryan that they were already in for the night (at 8:30pm). Then I got a call from Neyer saying that HE was still out and Bryan was many different expletives. Lee and I opt NOT to go meet Neyer... One of the better decisions of my life.

(There are TONS of deer around in Indiana.)

Sunday - Wake up. Meet my mom for breakfast and get on the road. 12 hours later we are back in Norfolk feeling fat and tired. What a great weekend!

(The drive home.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That was one of the best decisions of your life...Andy was a train wreck when he arrived home on Sunday. I had no sympathy...I handed him the very awake baby and headed off for a massage:)