Yesterday on the way to my exam, I heard that the 96th soldier from Indiana has been killed in Iraq:
A soldier from Knox has been killed in Iraq. The Department of Defense says 23-year-old Specialist Joseph A. Ford died Saturday in Al Asad of injuries he suffered in a vehicle accident.
The accident is under investigation. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 152nd Cavalry Regiment, 76th Brigade Combat Team of the Indiana National Guard, based at New Albany.
He was the 96th Indiana military service member to have died after being sent to the Mideast for the war in Iraq.
It made me really sad. It is sad when you think of anyone getting killed, but when it is someone that is young & healthy & serving our country, it just makes it even more tragic. Plus, you just imagine that this is someone's husband & someone's son and how devastated they must be.
And then the radio station played Letters From Home. I don't think there was a dry eye in the Indiana 105.5 listening area. I know there wasn't in my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment