Monday, May 19, 2008

Movie review - Match Point

This weekend, I watched the movie Match Point. This is a Woody Allen film. The only character I really recognized was Scarlett Johansson.

I was visiting Jamie at Ohio University (NOT Ohio State University). We had been out late the night before, then had spent the morning walking all over Athens. So, when we decided to pop in a movie, I thought it would be guaranteed nap time.

Then, it started and most the characters had British accents. I have a big problem understanding accents. Unless they are southern/redneck accents. I can understand those just fine. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to get adapted to listening to accents. I thought this is strike 2, I'm going to be asleep in 10 minutes.

The movie started a little slowly, but then, just as I was drifting off to sleep, it got really good! I barely blinked, much less fell asleep. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to see it, but let's just say the main character marries into money, but never really loves his wife. He always just says "She's a very sweet girl." So, he ends up cheating on her. Then, he has to weigh his options of sticking with her & the nice wealthy lifestyle that goes with. Or leave her for his mistress.

I highly recommend it!

No comments: