Having a husband named Lee can be very convenient. I can call places and just say I am Lee. Who is going to question me? "Um, this is the male spelling of the name Lee." OR "Are you a girl?" No, I'm a dude with a high voice. Thanks a-hole. In this age of every kind of sexual orientation, transgenders, etc, I don't think anyone is going to risk a lawsuit by questioning it.
Today, I called Verizon about our bill and said my name was Lauren. "I'm sorry, we can't give you any information because the account is in Lee's name." First off, this is stupid. I am annoyed that the cell phone dude just automatically put it in the man's name. I pay ALL the bills in this household, plus, I make all the calls and stuff (since I'm at a desk all day and not at sea). The woman said "Oh, Lee just needs to call and give us permission to talk to you." Yes, for a normal person, that would be easy. But, LEE is in the middle of the ocean right now. Literally, halfway between Europe & North America. She couldn't help me.
So, I just waited 10 minutes and called back. Said my name was Lee. (At first I talked with a little deeper voice than usual, but forgot halfway through the call.) The dude helped me right away. I did notice he didn't use "sir or maam" or "Mr. or Mrs." though. Thank goodness for unisex names!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment