So, Tuesday, we went to the northwest part of the island. It was about a 2 hour drive. That side of the island was much less jungle-ish. The terrain basically went volcano ~ farm ~ beautiful beach. It was like Indiana sandwiched between mountains & beach. Pretty much heaven.
The beach we went to was ranked in the top 10 in the world and I could see why. The sand was super soft, the water was blue, and there were no shells or other spikey things to step on. There was also only one hotel, and the beach was bordered by two rocky cliffs, which kept the number of people down.
The group of us. Why do I look like a giant compared to Dawn?? On Thursday, we went to the tide pools to go snorkeling. Basically, there is the ocean, and then some rocks, and then these "pools". There is a ton of coral, underwater caves & fish to see. The only thing that was rough was swimming out towards the ocean because the tide was coming in. I guess that's why they call them tide pools...
Here is a view of the tide pools (and my right leg).
One of my underwater pics of some fish. My mom & I referred to these as Purdue Fish since they are gold & black. Clearly the scientific name. On Friday, we went to a black sand, clothing optional beach. We all opted to keep our clothes ON. Most the others on the beach should have done the same...
I couldn't exactly get close-up pictures of anything without them being "x-rated", but this is a picture of my mom checking out the only hot nude on the beach.
The rocks on the side formed a little pool. It was cute.
Here is where we were sitting next to a group of 5 naked 60-year olds. Kind of a strange feeling...
The views were amazing though. How awesome would it be to live on that cliff? When we were at the grocery store, I told my mom that Hawaiians LOVE Spam (the canned meat). She got all hoity toity and said "Well, that's quite a generalization." 2 minutes later, we saw a huge display of Spam and a menu of like 10 different Spam sandwiches. I wasn't joking....
No comments:
Post a Comment