Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Worst morning EVER!

Here is a rundown of my morning so far:

5:50am - Lee wakes me up 10 minutes before my alarm. It is always nice to hear from him, but those morning hours are my best hours of sleep!

5:55am - Lee informs me that he just found out he has Monday off... And wants me to try and change his flight to Norfolk from Sunday to Monday. It's too early to deal with airlines!

6:10am - I try to log into his itinerary on United. It isn't working.

6:20am - I call the "help" line. More like "annoy-you-line". On hold. Annoying music. On hold. On hold.

6:25am - FINALLY off hold. Find out that we don't actually have a ticket. WTF? Apparently when I bought the ticket, they sent me an email saying that it would be processed and another email would be sent within 24 hours. I remember reading that and then moving on with my life and assuming that I had a ticket. Apparently a 2nd email never came, which meant that the flight was never booked. ***Note, this was bought with frequent flyer miles.***

6:35am - I hang up on the lady. If I could somehow never fly United ever again, I would. The problem is, I've had problems with pretty much every airline, so I'd be driving everywhere at this point. I hate them all!

6:45am - Start looking for flights. Finally find the cheapest one for $444. Ouch. This flight was originally free... I think it is a conspiracy that United "accidentally" didn't book my FREE flight. A-holes! Plus, Lee's flight was supposed to get in at 7pm and now it gets in at 8:30pm. More time I have to kill at work tomorrow. Grr.

7 - 8am - Clean my house.

8:05am - Get some cereal. Take a bite. Discover the milk tastes like poison. Apparently it's expired. Spit it out, dry heave for awhile. Get ready to start working.

The day has to go up from here, right?

1 comment:

ahow628 said...

Mmm... Tooth sweaters...

And you didn't even have to mix it with lime juice!