Monday, July 14, 2008

Railcats & Dairy Farms

Friday:
I made my first ever trip to a RailCats game up in Gary, IN. I met Fubar, Krissy, Bridget, Fina, Bob & Katie. I was impressed with how nice the stadium was! I had a cheeseburger, fries, and a big Miller Lite bottle. YUM! (Would have been more YUM if it was a Bud Light! See ode to Bud Light below.) The only unfortunate part of the night was that all the city folk had to catch the 9:10 South Shore back to the city. Seriously, that's the latest train? Lame!

Saturday:

My Grandma & my 8-year old cousin Maya came up to DeMotte to visit me and spend the night. We went to Fair Oaks Farms for the day. It is basically a Dairy Farm about 10 miles from where I live. They have a bunch of stuff for kids and a restaurant/ice cream parlor. We started out by watching a 3-d movie. It was pretty cool, but my cousin, Maya, kept getting freaked out when the people would come right at your face. Then about halfway through she started trying to get up and punch the 3-d people. Spoiler alert, but, during the movie, there are a couple parts where you get sprayed with water. At one point, it seems like you are getting sprayed with milk from an udder. Another time it is a cow blowing snot at you... And finally, it's a cow pooping at you!! It was pretty funny. Maya kept making sure it was in fact water that we were sprayed with. I tried to tell her it was really poop. She didn't buy it.


After the 3-d movie, we went over and got quesadillas and ice cream at the restaurant. Talk about delicious! The quesadillas were extremely cheesey, and the ice cream was to die for! I plan to go back and get a pint of it soon!


After lunch, we went and played outside some. They had a giant bubble looking thing that you could jump on like a trampoline. (And hopefully burn off some quesadilla & ice cream calories!) It was awesome. I have wanted a trampoline for pretty much my whole life, so it was right up my alley. There was a little 1-year old boy that kept trying to jump on it, but he kept falling down since he could barely walk. His dad kept yelling at him "Get back up there and jump. BE A MAN!" It was pretty appalling.


After that, Maya and I took a 45-minute bus tour of the dairy. We got to see the prego cows, the baby cows in their individual cow-houses (like a dog house for cows). We also got to go inside and see the "dairy-go-round". Basically a huge merry-go-round looking thing. The cows walk onto it and it turns in a slow 7-minute circle. In that time the cow is milked, then the cow gets off when the circle is complete. The cows are very good at learning a routine, so they get on & off on their own. It was pretty cool to see!

Sunday:

Lunch at TGI-Fridays with my Gma, mom, Maya & uncle Mike. Then my mom and I went and bought some gear for our trip to HAWAII this weekend! I can't believe we leave on Saturday!! I'm so pumped!

No comments: