I keep having total deja vu with the countdown until my due date. No, I've never been knocked up before... But, it is rather similar to the countdown for Lee's deployment. Mostly in length and end date (May 23rd vs. May 19th). I decided to compare the two because... well... I'm really really really sick of working.
The dates
Deployment: went from 10/3/2006 to 5/23/2007 ~ 232 days
Pregnancy: from 9/5/2008 to 5/19/2009 ~ 256 days
Winner ~ Deployment!
Deployment: got extended by a month when we were halfway through.
Pregnancy: they better induce me if I go past my due date by much! Klemme babies are huge enough when they're born on time.
Winner ~ Pregnancy
Emotions
Deployment: total & utter mess most the time.
Pregnancy: besides a new obsession with baskets and a lot of extra anxiety, I'm doing ok!
Winner ~ Pregnancy
Physically
Deployment: lost like 7 lbs!
Pregnancy: gained an unknown (a lot) amount of weight, hip pain, and lots of other unattractive attributes.
Winner ~ Deployment
Deployment: drank a lot of alcohol but did give up beer for Lent.
Pregnancy: no alcohol for over 9 months.
Winner ~ Deployment
Reward
Deployment: husband
Pregnancy: baby
Winner ~ Pregnancy (sorry Lee)
Score
Deployment: 3
Pregnancy: 3
IT'S A TIE!
1 comment:
It depends on your doctor, but our told us not to look at the due date as an end date because she wouldn't induce till two weeks after.
As you might have notice, it never came up. Nor will it in two months from today when our due date was supposed to be.
Post a Comment