"I'm not too sure about this mommy. The fake car is kind of cool, but I'm not digging the cape. Little suspicious here."
"I KNEW IT! WHY IS MY HAIR WET AND WHAT IS THAT CHICK DOING WITH THE SCISSORS? YOU SOLD ME OUT MOMMY."
"Get that camera out of my face. I am pissed."
"Hours later and I'm still not happy about that haircut."
So, the other day, I took Taryn to get her first haircut at a place called Cookie Cutters. Originally Lee wanted to cut it ourselves... Between our lack of hair cutting experience and Taryn's wiggling... I really didn't want to butcher her first haircut. Or take out an eye.
Cookie Cutters is a children's hair cutting place. It has a playground in the salon, the kids sit in fake cars to get their hair cut, they turn on kids shows while they cut and everything. Taryn was initially suspicious of the cape. Then the lady wet her hair. That pissed her off. She kept wanting me to pick her up out of the car. To look at her face, you would have thought the lady was cutting off fingers instead of hair.
In the long run, we got the hair cut. Taryn now has the hair out of her eyes. The back and sides are even and the whole thing got a trim. It must have worked too. Since then everyone has been commenting on how much thicker her hair looks. I hope not to have to cut her hair again for quite awhile other than maybe a trim of the bangs. It was definitely not the most fun of some of her firsts!
No comments:
Post a Comment