Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We're gonna party like it's your birthday


So, yeah, super late posts seem to be my thing these days. Like a week and a half ago we had Taryn's first birthday party. Thankfully, the weather was perfect so we could have it outdoors and not have to worry about the fact that our house is tiny! We were first worried it would be cold and rainy, but then we worried it would be too hot. Oh, Indiana weather, you so crazy!


Taryn was not a big fan of her "dig" cake. I was. She only ate the frosting number 1 that was on the cake and we're pretty sure that was because she thought it was a piece of cheese. Damn, that was some good cake. It was made by the lady that made our wedding cake. She is so insanely awesome! She makes fabulous cake, her prices are ridiculously cheap, and she told me I looked skinny. Seriously, I could have kissed her. Guess how much she charged for 50 cupcakes and that big 6" "dig" cake... Guess. $12.50!!!! I looked at how much that would cost at Meijer and it would have been in the $50 range. Insane. I paid her more than she charged and still felt like I robbed her!

Taryn got a lot of great gifts. All of which she thought was either a hat or a scarf. That is how she dresses herself these days. It either goes on her head or around her neck. She got a lot of awesome gifts and she has been LOVING her new toys! And I am loving her new summer wardrobe that I didn't have to buy!

There were a ton of kids there, which was awesome. There was a kid the right age to play with every kid that came. Except for my 10 year old cousin. All the little ones had some buddies though! This here is the Klemme crew. 7 grandkids age 5 and under.
I appreciate everyone that made it for the party. I felt like it was an absolute blur. I see now why moms want to have parties at Chuckee Cheese and stuff! I felt like I was too busy making sure everything was done to really visit with anyone! Oh, and I realized AFTER the party that I had 13 favor bags made up for the kids that never got handed out... DOH. And I had bought a gallon of ice cream to go with the cupcakes that never made it out of the basement freezer. (Lee isn't too upset about this... More icecream for him.)
It was a fun day, but I'm kind of glad we don't have to do it again until next year! Happy Birthday to my little cutie pie! I'm so sad that you'll never again be my baby, but I'm excited to see the little girl you're already becoming!

2 comments:

Mich said...

Sam totally thinks all clothes (and non clothes items) either go around her neck or on her head. She walks around with Andy belt around her neck all the time (super safe! right!?) Why do kids do that?

That's a lot of Klemme kids - nice job getting the pic though. That is impressive!

$12.50 -are you KIDDING me? Basically the only thing I really remember about your wedding was how freakin good that cake was! Next time I come to town we are totally getting a cake to celebrate!

Jessica said...

Ask Mich how much her birthday cupcakes were this year.

I agree with cake lady - you look super skinny in the pic with the horse in KY. Skinny and about 17.