Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Year Pics @ Target

*
I wanted to get some professional pics done of Taryn for her 1-yr birthday. I mean, she'll never turn 1 again! I hemmed and hawed and finally realized that she was nearing her 13 month birthday! So, I finally pulled the trigger and went to trusty ol' Target. I love that store.
I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the photo studio, but I had a 1/2 off coupon and nothing to lose. I was expecting even less once we got there. Taryn was being shy. And scared. And very clingy on mommy. The photographer was REALLY good though and spent a good 15 minutes just getting Taryn to warm up.
He finally found that she really liked this ball that he had there, and I told him "I don't really care if the ball is in every picture as long as she smiles!" One of my favorite pics is the closeup of her holding that ball.
Looking at these pictures, you would never have guessed that Taryn started off shy. She really got into it and ended up being a little ham. She was disappointed when we finally left.
While we were there, Lee and I jumped in for a few family pics. Lee was not happy about being photographed. It was actually Lee and I that kept ruining the pictures. It was really tough to sit there and then wait for Taryn to look at the camera and smile and then for us to look at the camera and smile in a split second. We got a few though.
At the end of the photo shoot, you select what prints you want right there. There were two families waiting, so I felt very under pressure and am a little apprehensive to see what I ordered this Friday when I pick them up. I'm already wishing I had orderd some things differently. Target put the prints up online that same day too, so if I really f-ed up my ordering, at least I can go back and order more.
All in all, I was really impressed with the Target photo studio and will definitely go back again.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Great pics! They all turned out very well. I agree...love the one with the ball and also love the one of her standing!! Good job Target!