When my mom got done with school last week, we drove down to Kentucky and went to the First Farm Inn. It is a Bed & Breakfast that is on a horse farm. We cruised the area and went to some stores, drove through some small towns and saw the sights. It is gorgeous down there! I have realized, however, that the whole B&B thing would be a lot more relaxing if one of the B's stood for BABYSITTER. The breakfasts were awesome though! One day we had blueberry pankcakes, banana/chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, fruit, coffee cake, etc. The next day we had biscuits & gravy, fruit, eggs, giant cinnamon rolls, etc. Mmmm. My mouth is watering just thinking of those biscuits & gravy!

I just wanted a picture with the horse, but he just wanted to make sure I wasn't hiding a piece of candy anywhere.

Taryn had fun with all the animals. There were a ton of kitties to harrass and a doggie that actually liked her! There was even an adorable black kitten that was her best friend the whole time we were there. Taryn was even more happy to get home though.

Deep Thoughts with Taryn

I wish our tire swing pics hadn't all been blurry. It was hilarious!

Back at home, we are in full summer mode. We got the baby pool going in the front yard. I don't think this is the best pic we had, but I think Lee would have been mad if I posted either of the other pics. He was in the pool with Taryn and felt that the camera might have added some girth and paleness to his stomach region.
Tonight was Taryn's first swim lesson at the Y. She LOVED it. She was doing her excited screams and kicking her legs. I'm pretty sure she was ready for me to let go of her and just take off. She did have some trouble focusing though because she was too busy waving at everyone. She pretty much thinks she is on a float in a parade at all times.
One thing that has cracked me up to no end is how she mimicks me snapping. Today in the car we were stopped and so I started snapping to the song and moving my hands back and forth as I snapped. She put her hands up in the air and waved them back and forth while making a clicking sound with her tongue. And that is her perception of what snapping is.
This is my last week completely off of school. It has passed INCREDIBLY quickly. Next week is our orientation week and then classes start the following week. I can't say my time has been all that relaxing!! However, the summer classes won't be nearly as bad as student teaching was, so I still look forward to some chill time!
No comments:
Post a Comment