Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Taryn!

May 20th Taryn turned 2 years old! On the 21st, we celebrated this momentous occasion. I wasn't sure what theme to do for Taryn's party. She loves Mickey Mouse, Sid the Science Kid, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I likely would have gone with Mickey, but Lee's sister had JUST done a Mickey party for their daughter a few months earlier and I didn't really want anyone to have deja vu! So... Wheel of Fortune it is!!!


My student made this painting for Taryn's birthday.


My mom made this Wheel for Taryn's party.


The cupcakes had letter tiles that spelled out "Happy Second Birthday Taryn". The other cupcakes had dollar amounts and other prizes like "Doll House" "Disney Trip" etc.


Family pic minus Taryn (she was still napping).

Mich & Sam made the trek down to celebrate which was much appreciated!!

Kylan was there for Taryn to adore.
Taryn actually blew out her own candle. And unlike last year, she knew exactly how to chow down on her cupcake!
Cute smiles from Kylan!
BUBBLES!!!


One of the toughest things for me about Taryn being two (other than the stubborn Terrible Two's temper tantrums) is realizing that next birthday she'll be THREE! Three just seems SO old. I know I should live in the moment, but that's just not how I work.


Taryn, these last two years you have brought me so many moments that I will treasure forever. While sometimes I get frustrated with how clingy you can be, I know I need to hang on to these moments where you want to sit on my lap and snuggle. You are absolutely amazing to me and I know your daddy feels the same. Your smile and your sociable personality brings joy to so many people in our family. I love you baby girl!!

No comments: