Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lee Has a Baby

Since Lee got his new job, we have been looking to upgrade his '97 Ford Explorer. The thing had like 186k miles on it, so it was nearing the end of its life. Lee wanted a truck. So, we had been looking for a truck for about 6 weeks. We FINALLY found one. This isn't the actual truck, but it is identical to this!!
As some of you may know, I consider myself a Ford person, so I am adapting to driving a Chevy around. But, I must admit, it's a nice truck.

It is especially good that we finally found Lee a truck since there was an incident this week with the Jeep. Lee was driving Taryn to daycare when they got hit by a deer. An UNINSURED deer. So irresponsible. But, literally, a deer ran into the drivers' side door. Lee swears that it came through the window and head-butted him. The phone call from Lee went something like this:

Lee: You need to come pick me up. A deer ran into me.
Lauren: OK. You were on your way back from daycare right?
Lee: No. Taryn is still with me.
Lauren: OH MY GOD IS SHE OK?

Needless to say, I was MUCH more appalled when I heard Taryn had been in the car. When I got to the scene of the crash, the car was blanketed in broken glass. She was just quietly holding her backpack. I asked her "Taryn, do you have any ouchies???" She lifted up her hand and showed me a tiny scratch from our cat three days earlier. I figured she was fine after that.

So, the Jeep is in the shop. And I'm driving... The Explorer. Yeah, I got screwed on that deal!!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

So glad Taryn (& lee too) is ok but I totally laughed at her response!!