No, this isn't a lame sequel to the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral. (By the way, I love that movie. Does that make me a dork? Maybe.) Two weddings & a birthday is a quick summary of my weekend.
Friday night Lee and I went up to the big city of Merrillville to hit up Home Depot, Lowe's and Don Pablos. I LOVE Don Pablos so much. I can't decide what my favorite part is... The margaritas, the salsa, the cheese enchiladas or the corn cake thingy. Anyway, it was a low-key, but expensive evening of buying stuff for our house.
"No, no I can't drink tonight...Besides I got a big day tomorrow...We are going to Home Depot...and maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond...I don't know, I don't know if there will be enough time." -Frank the Tank

Saturday we went to two weddings. The first was Lee's cousin Curtis. The wedding was extremely quick and we were on our way to the Beef House for the reception. The Beef House has the most amazing rolls in the world. My mouth waters just thinking about them. And they have this strawberry jam to put on them, YUM. I found out this weekend that the jam is actually strawberry ice cream topping. No wonder it's so good! At the reception, they were bringing around the rolls still in the backing pan. They were hot hot hot. And amazingly delicious. I had two with dinner and felt overly-stuffed. But, they were just so good! We stayed at Curtis' reception through the first dance, cake cutting, when everyone got in a train and danced around the room (I hate this tradition), and the Cha Cha Slide.
Next, we headed over to wedding #2. This wedding was an outdoor wedding, which had to be rough since it was like 95 degrees out with NO breeze. They had a huge tent setup outside. It reminded me of the party in the movie Something to Talk About with Julia Roberts. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. This reception had DANGER written all over it. They had a band out in the tent until midnight, then the party was to move indoors with a dj until 3am. There were Bud Light trailers set up on each side of the tent with 4 kegs apiece in them plus two open bars. Lee and I ended up leaving with his parents at about 11:30pm though. With the heat, we were having trouble drinking enough beer. I kept wanting to drink water!
"No, no I can't drink tonight...Besides I got a big day tomorrow...We are going to Home Depot...and maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond...I don't know, I don't know if there will be enough time." -Frank the Tank

Saturday we went to two weddings. The first was Lee's cousin Curtis. The wedding was extremely quick and we were on our way to the Beef House for the reception. The Beef House has the most amazing rolls in the world. My mouth waters just thinking about them. And they have this strawberry jam to put on them, YUM. I found out this weekend that the jam is actually strawberry ice cream topping. No wonder it's so good! At the reception, they were bringing around the rolls still in the backing pan. They were hot hot hot. And amazingly delicious. I had two with dinner and felt overly-stuffed. But, they were just so good! We stayed at Curtis' reception through the first dance, cake cutting, when everyone got in a train and danced around the room (I hate this tradition), and the Cha Cha Slide.
Next, we headed over to wedding #2. This wedding was an outdoor wedding, which had to be rough since it was like 95 degrees out with NO breeze. They had a huge tent setup outside. It reminded me of the party in the movie Something to Talk About with Julia Roberts. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. This reception had DANGER written all over it. They had a band out in the tent until midnight, then the party was to move indoors with a dj until 3am. There were Bud Light trailers set up on each side of the tent with 4 kegs apiece in them plus two open bars. Lee and I ended up leaving with his parents at about 11:30pm though. With the heat, we were having trouble drinking enough beer. I kept wanting to drink water!
Sunday our nephew Tyler turned 3! He had a baseball themed party and got a bike w/ training wheels! It was an exciting day!
3 comments:
I LOVE that you referenced "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and "Something to Talk About" in one post....it's shame I couldn't figure your name out years ago, we coulda been BFF.
Reception at the Beef House. Sounds like an episode from one of my favorite shows- My Big Redneck Wedding.
Kathryn worked at Don Pablos during the summers in college - I definitely did not take advantage of that enough! I love their queso dip. yum.
Post a Comment