Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buds

Taryn and Lee went to Columbian Park Zoo today. Lee was quite impressed by the zoo. It is by no means an extravagant zoo, but it is free, and you really can't complain about something that's free. I think it might be a little boring for older kids, but for kiddies up to about 4, it is perfectly enthralling.

Lee sent me this pic on my phone while I was at class. Taryn liked the baby goat... Until she realized that it was chewing on her shirt. Then she was ready for daddy to pick her up. ASAP.

I love this pic. It is like Taryn found a goat that is just her size.

This evening we went over to the county fair. I had some flashbacks to the scene in Joe Dirt when he was working at the carnival. We walked around and saw all the animals. Here is what we have determined about Taryn's preferences:
Likes: goats, rabbits
OK: cows (even the one that was MOO-ing loudly in her face), birds of all sorts
Dislikes: horses
I don't get it. I thought maybe it was the size of the horse, but she was totally fine with the ginormous cows. Hmmm.

Lee and I ate dinner there. He had the tenderloin and I had the BBQ pork. Delicious! We polished off the evening sharing an elephant ear. Mmmm. Sugar-covered-fried-dough.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Sam went to the zoo last weekend and loved the goats too. She is afraid of dogs, but loves goats....go figure.