A couple months ago, Lee's brother Neil bought a lakehouse on Lake Freeman. This is the same lake that Lee's parents live on, and actually, the house is right across the lake from them! Neil needed some work done around the house, and his family was going to be out of town at Disney for the week, so he offered to pay Lee to do some work, AND let us use the house for the week/weekend. We took him up on the offer and had a little "stay-cation" for our family.
We spent some time each day in the lake. We would either take the pontoon up to the sandbar or else just swim out by the house. Taryn didn't like when a boat would go by and the water would get all choppy, but otherwise, she enjoyed the water. Once we found a decent life jacket for her, that is.
At the end of the hallway, there was a HUGE mirror. Taryn spent a lot of time playing and showing off for that baby in the mirror that looked strangely familiar. (P.S. Skirts are hilarious on little ones that have a belly. I love how her skirt sits low in the front to accomodate her stomach. Unfortunately it is not so cute on a 29-year old.)
We spent some time on the porch getting some sun. I think Taryn finally realized the purpose of sunglasses (besides just putting them on and taking them off for fun)."Hmm, how do I seat four for dinner on this cooler-table?"
Taryn continued being a domestic goddess in a new location. She "helped" out in the kitchen and cleaned up the carpet. She swept the porch and even cleaned the shower. I actually cleaned more than I normally do on a vacation. Neil's family hasn't had the house for too long, and it came fully furnished. I have a pretty severe aversion to OTHER-PEOPLE-DIRT, so I kept wanting to clean random things. My own dirt is totally fine, as you can see around my house. But, for the most part, we all got in some rest and relaxation.
On Saturday, my family came up for the day (and some stayed the night). We took the pontoon up to the sandbar and had a great time drinking in the water. Taryn entertained them all. That's what the only kid has to do! We talked, laughed, and ate a ton of food. We also watched one heckuva thunderstorm. It was hailing and the wind was pretty crazy. A few of my family members were out in the storm. Smart! I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with the beer we had drank. We realized the next day that a lot of trees had been knocked down and stuff.
On Saturday, my family came up for the day (and some stayed the night). We took the pontoon up to the sandbar and had a great time drinking in the water. Taryn entertained them all. That's what the only kid has to do! We talked, laughed, and ate a ton of food. We also watched one heckuva thunderstorm. It was hailing and the wind was pretty crazy. A few of my family members were out in the storm. Smart! I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with the beer we had drank. We realized the next day that a lot of trees had been knocked down and stuff. At the end of the weekend, Lee and I went home with a TON of leftover food and even left quite a bit for Neil's family. I think we're all a little more tan, and Lee managed to get a lot of work done too. Even better to take a "vacation" and get paid for it!
At the end of it all, we came home to find the real excitement had been going down right in our front yard... New post for that!

1 comment:
Is Taryn turning into a blondie?
Love the shirts too!!
Post a Comment