Monday, July 5, 2010

Lil' Mommy


As someone who is by no stretch of the imagination a "domestic goddess", it is so funny to watch my "lil mommy". She loves pushing her stroller, carrying her purse and her baby. Multi-tasking! She feeds her baby a bottle and covers it with a blanket. She also loves wiping down the tables and scrubbing the carpet with a towel. She had fun all weekend sweeping the Klemme's deck with a broom. I can't wait until her "play cleaning" can morph into real live cleaning!


The only thing that concerns me is some of her parenting skills. (For example, the picture above where her baby is tangled up in a cell phone charger cord.) When she covers her baby with a blanket, she generally covers its face... Forcefully. She is quick to toss her baby down if something more interesting comes along. She also has a bit of a temper and will sometimes end up slamming her baby down on the coffee table. Sometimes I watch her and tell Lee we better not age too badly because someday Child Protective Services will be showing up with our grandkids.

Besides all things domestic, Taryn also loves books. Her favorite is Toes, Ears, Nose. Or whatever it is called. This is quite ironic since every time I read it I think of Michelle's friend Kathryn. After Michelle's baby shower, Kathryn read the book and managed to put a perverted tone to every page. Even after reading it too many times to count, I still think of that and chuckle. Lee and I will sit in the living room and she'll bring book after book over for us to read. Sometimes in the morning Lee will just start stacking them next to his chair.

I can only hope that the love of books, like the love of cleaning, sticks around for the long haul!

2 comments:

ahow628 said...

Yep, Miriam is our domestic goddess. Marlene can never find a dishtowel because Miriam is off scrubbing the floors with it. Adelaide has been our little temper tantrum thrower. Yikes.

Mich said...

I definitely think about Kathryn's comments whenever we read that book. Oh Kathryn!